Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Road Traveled

As we cruise through life as I did, we find that along the way there are bumps and holes in the road. Some of these are speed bumps which make you slow down, some are bumps that make you stop and think, some are pot holes that cause you to take a detour. As you go through life you will see those bumps and pot holes and detours pop up every so often. My cancer was a stop and think bump. There is a song by Casting Crowns called "Who am I?". That is what my bump was asking me.

The song says :

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth

Would care to know my name

Would care to feel my hurt

Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star

Would choose to light the way

For my ever wandering heart

I am a flower quickly fading

Here today and gone tomorrow

A wave tossed in the ocean

Vapor in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling

Lord, You catch me when I'm falling

And You've told me who I am

I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin

Would look on me with love and watch me rise again

Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea

Would call out through the rain

And calm the storm in me

Not because of who I am

But because of what You've done

Not because of what I've done

But because of who You are.

 

The Bible clearly tells us who we are. We are God's children. Heirs to His kingdom. What a blessing and a comfort I found in that. Knowing that with Him the road I was on had already been traveled by Him.

 

Without Him the road I had to travel would have been a difficult one. It would have been difficult because there would have been no True Hope. The Hope that in slowing down I could get over the bump, the Hope that made me think if there is a better way to go, and the Hope that if I stopped and made a u-turn I would still arrive at my destination.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT) says. "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."

The Lord has a plan for my life and has mapped out my life and yes I have will have bumps, potholes and detours, but thru Christ I can do all things. It just depends on what I am are doing with God's Son. So I leave you with a few questions :

  • Are you reading/listening to His Map daily? God's Word
  • Are you asking for His directions and them listening for His directions? Prayer
  • Are you stopping for fuel once or twice a week? Church
  • Are you visiting with those headed to the same destination? Fellowship

These are the questions you must answer for yourself, don't wait for the bump, or the pothole or the detour.

In Proverbs 4:20-27

"My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path.Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil. "

Then in Colossians 1:10 (NLT), says, "Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. "

Prayer:

Lord, as we travel our each individual life, I pray Father, that we follow your directions so that when our bumps, pothole,and detour come along, we have the guidance knowledge and directions that will lead us in the best possible direction to take us on the road to our heavenly home.

Amen!

Woke up with a cold today! You know that is no fun. At Western Christian High School where I work we have our Legacy Dinner and Silent Auction. My friend, KS, has been working so hard on making it such an awesome event and I am really looking forward to going. This year we are raising money for scholarships for those who are not able to send their students but would like to. Please pray that I feel a lot better and that the event is very very successful.

Love in Christ,

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment